Glad to see people participating and Thinksecret website letting me post my thoughts. (No Spams :))
I highly appreciate everyone’s comments for my post. I fully respect everyone’s thoughts and arguments (for & against).My focus of this post wasn't a technical assessment or discuss concept novelty but plain simple force with which Apple can bring or may bring this shift to market.
I agree here with the technical assessment made. I never doubt technical difficulties in bringing something like this. Its such like implementations which makes techies genius and architects of wonderful things adopted by masses.
Please ponder over the following and then see if the above mentioned scenario is possible.
- Are you hesitant to type the way I have said?
- Is it uncomfortable to think about such typing?
- Did you get typing on iPhone right in first instance or did it take time for adaptability? How about iPod’s click wheel?
- Having a tablet PC with physical keyboard can only be differentiated if there is no need of keyboard and stylus with it? Also, does it remain tablet PC after that?
- If its just mental block, it may take time getting accustomed on mass scale. That’s why it is on iPhone first.
If its hesitance, uncomfortableness about QWERTY without physical keys, it'll go away. I think present 13" laptop is sufficient to make that change, no need of new smaller/larger form factor. One screen tablet PC makes you loose half screen with QWERTY present. Therefore, dual screen.No company other than Apple slick and audacious enough to bring it to masses by enticing them to ride a new paradigm shift. Many advanced technologies and novel ideas start from start-ups but they don't convince masses due to lack of their reach. So, Its Apple!!!!! If you are polling, before submitting the poll think if Apple will bring it to market or not? (After 6 months I would like to know how many of you still look on iPhone QWERTY to type. Also, for typing how many look down at the keyboard. Its a perception that when you press a key u see something on screen. If you touch you may see associated character on screen, is a possibility and not an impossible scenario. Changing lights or colors on type screen while typing. Going from blue to red (etc). I am diverting here from the main point, so back to the post.)